We are looking for a part-time Project Manager for a complex consultancy project in the public sector, involving a team of private companies, led by
· a (small) consultancy company specialized in strategic, financial and operational consultancy in the building and energy renovation sector
having as subcontractors
· a large engineering company in the building and energy sector
· a medium size technical and financial consultancy company in the building and energy sector
· a small consultancy company in the financial and energy services sector
· a large financial consultancy company
· an infrastructure investment fund
The consortium team is composed of +- 15 people.
The public customer is a public holding and participation company.
3 public building owners are the final beneficiaries of the services.
The project involves 3 main activities, involving each 2 phases:
· The design and implementation of a “DRFM entity” (Design, Renovate, Finance and Maintain) that will put in place deep energy renovation projects of multiple public building clusters and support/discharge in-house public building owners. The main technical/operational/financial models that will be put in place are Energy Performance Contracts (EPC) and Energetic Public-Private Partnerships (EPPP).
· The design and implementation of a “DRFM feeder”, i.e. a public-private financial instrument/investment fund that will attract private financing from institutional and other investors.
· The preparation, set-up and tendering of 3 “start clusters” of public building renovation projects, involving each a cluster of 5 to 10 buildings, using the EPC model.
The job consists of
- Overall project management of the projects, involving the supplier (consortium) team and the (end) customer teams
- Applying professional but lean project management techniques, including anticipation of scope creep or delays
- Setting up and managing professional but lean project management tools
- Preparing agendas of meetings
- Writing and distributing minutes of meetings
- Overseeing and applying quality control to document management
- Reporting on progress to the lead partners
- Escalating as needed
- Initiate a risk assessment and manage risks along the project progress
- Minimum 15 years of experience with project management in complex environments, involving strategic, financial and/or operational consultancy
- Minimum 5 years of experience or affinity with the building construction or building renovation environment
- Experience or affinity with climate change or financing is a plus
- Certified and experienced in Prince2, Lean6Sigma or equivalent
- Flexible and stress resistant
- Good communicator
- Fluent trilingual (written and spoken) in Dutch, French and English